Wednesday, October 13, 2010

wedding post part 2

I had every intention of writing this BEFORE the wedding. As Mraz would say, I'm the best definition of good intentions.

Oh, my sister's wedding. I don't know where to begin. I have seen few days as happy as this one was. And rightly so. My sister CJ deserves every happiness in the world.

I remember a time when CJ couldn't get out of bed for a whole year. The house stayed dark and quiet. I watched her become progressively weaker and sadder. I remember thinking, "Why in the world is this happening, and when will it end?"

Seeing CJ's beaming face on Saturday is something that will stay with me forever. Her unimaginable trials will always be a testimony to God's unfailing love and protection, and now through it all, CJ is a strong, healthy, talented, beautiful woman after His own heart that I am so blessed to call my sister.

As it should have been, the day of the wedding was perfect. She, of course, looked absolutely beautiful, the setting was pristine, the weather crystal clear and bright, and (much to the concern of my mother) nothing went wrong. Nothing? Nothing. Like I said--it was perfect.

It should go without saying that the goodbye portion of the night was hard. After a good half hour of crying and hugging, CJ and Tony Longenbaugh walked through dozens of sparklers to their getaway car, and then they were gone. I can't talk about it.

I'm so grateful for my sister and my new brother. Dok, you'll always be my twin. :)


Love,
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment