Monday, October 4, 2010

wedding post part 1

Well, by the end of the week, my sister Cathryn will be married. The first of the "B team" to say "I do." She'll be leaving behind her younger siblings and joining the ranks of the fabulously married ones. And she'll be moving away. :( But we're not thinking about THAT right now! We're thinking about how busy this week is! I took Wednesday through Saturday off from work so I can do bridesmaidy things. Monday is almost through, and it feels like it's taken forever. This morning, CJ coerced her two bridesmaids (Beth and me) into cleaning the disaster that calls itself the game room at my house. {Yuck.} Then I abandoned them for several hours, opting instead for what turned out to be a very distracted and unnerving shift at work. This evening will see a lot more cleaning. Tomorrow I'll work for the better part of the day...after working 9-5:45, I'm not sure how much cleaning I'll want to do! I'm taking the night off! ;)

Things will get more exciting the closer we get to the weekend. I'm so excited about all the people coming into town for this wedding! My BCF (Best Cousin Forever) Courtney who is all of 4 days younger than me will fly in on Thursday! She's the greatest. :) Also coming on Thursday is my {newish} fantastic friend Hayden, flying in all the way from California! I can finally put a face with the phone number--we'll have such fun. Of course, these two wonderful people don't compare to how excited I am that ANNIE IS COMING. I can't believe it's been a year since I last saw my sister and her beautiful family. I can't wait to see my baby niece! I am ecstatic. Thursday, Thursday, Thursday. Come quickly, please?

Saturday is going to be an unforgettable day. I get to stand up in my "twin" sister's wedding...I get to help her on the best day of her amazing life (more on this in wedding post part 2). So, so, so many people I love will be there. Of course, the one person I desperately want to be there won't, but c'est la vie maintenant. The day will be incredibly special, and I can hardly sleep at night, partly from excitement.

Stay tuned for part 2 of this post, coming to you Thursday or Friday!

Love,
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Remember to live in the moment Saturday and just enjoy the day. I tell brides this, but bridesmaids who are so connected and love the bride so much should also do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the wedding!! What happened at work?

    ReplyDelete