Monday, January 3, 2011

New Years Resolutions and such

I'm sitting in my newly married sister's house in Oklahoma. After an 11 hour drive yesterday, we're all just relaxing today. It's a nice break.

2010 is over. I feel really good about that. God taught me so many things...there were triumphs and disappointments, wins and losses and hard things to learn, but I'm grateful for 2010. I'm also grateful that it's over.

For 2011, my chief resolution is to be a better witness. I'll be the first to admit that aspects of my recent behavior do not lend themselves to the cause of Christ. This will be my primary focus for the new year.

I'm reading a book I got for Christmas, Quivering Daughters, by Hillary McFarland. Hillary has been a Godsend to me for the past few months...while several people were key elements in my healing process, Hillary's influence and graciousness helped me work through my emotions and let go of my bitterness. Her story is amazing...the ease with which she forgives and loves and gives grace constantly inspires me. Please read her book.

I hope 2011 is wonderful for all of you. I'll be enjoying taking it easy in cold Oklahoma with my sisters, almost-sister and cousin for the next few days. God bless you all.

Love,
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment