Wednesday, November 24, 2010

a grateful people

Thanksgiving is here...I'm giving thanks. I have been blessed with so much--more than I could ever ask for. It's definitely been a rocky year, and God knows I've not been quiet about it, but today, I'm reflecting on things I am thankful for.

  • Christ
  • Freedom
  • Grace
  • John and Cathi Warren...for everything and more
  • Siblings: Aubrey Russell; Kristen Slaughter; Annie Welty; Cathryn Longenbaugh; Nathan Warren; Beth Warren; Caleb Warren; Timothy Warren...I couldn't begin to imagine a better group of people to call my brothers and sisters
  • In-laws: Dirk Russell; Dave Slaughter; Caleb Welty; Tony Longenbaugh...for taking such good care of my sisters
  • Nephews and nieces: Jonathan; David; Joshua; Isaac; Abigail; Samuel; Molly; Warren; Henry; Carrie; Liam; Baby Slaughter; Erin; Judah; Savannah; Longenbaby...you light up my life
  • Dear friends: Cheyenne Sabo; Hannah Cisarik; Chris White; Hayden Fletcher; Cristen Gauthier; Rachel Wells (and many others)...I can't tell you how incredible these people are
  • My job and the fabulous girls I work with...I know God put me there and with them for a reason
  • My piano...for still being there for me, whenever I need it
  • My church family...what an excellent, loving group of believers
  • The girl at the Starbucks in Barnes&Noble at La Cantera...she always knows what I'll order, and she always makes me smile
  • Lewis Wells and Hillary McFarland...God uses these amazing Christians in such astounding ways
  • My red platform heels...they make me feel pretty
  • My adorable pink computer...for not dying...yet
  • This blog...for helping me keep track of my rambling, disorganized thoughts
I hope your Thanksgiving Day is filled with 100000000009 reasons to be thankful.

Thank YOU.

In love and thanks,
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you, sweet sister! you are amazing, and I know that all the hard stuff will serve only to help make you stronger in your faith and stronger in who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{<3}}
    Reading such a lovely post, and then to see my name...what a sweet surprise, and I am humbled. To God be the glory...

    Been listening to this song, this week (you may have heard it before) and on this day which commemorates the Thanksgiving in our hearts, I want to share it with you:

    http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/08+Praise+the+Lord/2CRXhQ

    Much love to you....

    ReplyDelete